We are looking for an experienced Sous Chef to join our Kitchen team. The Sous Chef is responsible for cooking and preparing high-quality dishes and directing the food preparation process, delegating tasks to the Kitchen team. You make sure the daily operations in the kitchen run smoothly, ensuring that all food served meets or exceeds the highest quality standards, served in a timely fashion, collaborating with restaurant management, optimizing staff productivity, and stepping in to help wherever needed.
- A thorough professional with a practical mind and great attention to detail
- Ensuring all food consistently meets the highest standards and is served on time
- Ability to train, coach, motivate and discipline kitchen team
- Assists in planning and development of menus & recipes
- Responsible to maintain food costs & minimize waste
- Stocktaking, ordering and receiving of ingredients
- Familiar with special dietary needs
- Hands-on position, no 9-5 mentality
- Excellent leadership skills
- Minimum of 3 years ‘ experience in a comparable position in a Fine Dining establishment
- Qualification from a culinary school
- Passion for great food and excellent service
- Excellent communication skills in English and Spanish
- Exceptional standards for cleanliness, health, and safety
- Caribbean experience is a plus
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer This description is a summary of primary responsibilities and qualifications. The job description is not intended to include all duties or qualifications that may be required now or in the future. Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort is a smoke and drug-free work environment. Applicants will be submitted to a pre-employment drug test and are subject to random drug testing once employed. Proof of Covid-19 vaccination is mandatory upon hiring.
Over Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort with 104 rooms is serene and peaceful, situated on 14 acres of powder white sand, and published as one of the few “Dream Beaches of the World”. Tripadvisor awarded Elements Restaurant as the #2 Restaurant in the World for date night, #1 Best Restaurant in the Caribbean by USA Today 10 Best and many more awards. The resort is recognized by Tripadvisor as the number one hotel for romance and number eight hotel in the world, as well as featured in the Conde Nast’s Gold List, T+L Worlds Best top 25 and more. Bucuti pioneered Green tourism in the Caribbean and has received many awards, including the Global United Nations Carbon Neutral Now Award and Green Globe Platinum "Most sustainable hotel in the world".