The University of Aruba, in collaboration with KU Leuven (Belgium), is seeking to expand its research and teaching capacity in bio-environmental engineering, technology, engineering, informatics and data sciences. In 2019 the curriculum of the new academic bachelor in sciences, technology and engineering and mathematics (STEM) will open its doors and will graduate its first bachelors in 2022. This three-year program will consist of a 180 European credits program with a focus on sustainable development in small island states. A 90 credit master program will start in 2021. For this new STEM sciences program, the University of Aruba is looking for a:
PROGRAM COORDINATOR (1,0 fte.)
The main responsibilities are: The program coordinator oversees the quality and instructional delivery by providing a good administration, organization, planning, implementation and quality control of the STEM sciences program. The program coordinator also assumes teaching duties and ensures that the program is embedded in the university’s academic and administrative framework while consolidating and expanding the international academic network of the program for student and staff development.
The ideal candidate:
- Holds a master’s degree, preferably a Ph.D. in either bio-environmental sciences, or the information and data sciences, or in technology and engineering or equivalent.
- Has proven experience in academic research, teaching and coaching as well as in program development and coordination.
- Has proven affinity and ambition for research, education and sustainable development.
- Is a team-player that can also work independently.
- Is able to provide and receive constructive feedback to/from peers and students as part of his/her strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Has excellent organizational, supervisory and collaborative team building skills.
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Key competencies: flexibility, accountability, result oriented, leadership, team management, critical and analytic thinking.
The University of Aruba offers; An exciting new opportunity on a 3-year term contract with an attractive benefits package including APFA pension, additional health insurance, and a competitive wage.
Interested? Visit our website and submit your application letter and resume before Monday, May 13, 2019, through our career portal by clicking on Solliciteren. If you need further information regarding the position, please contact us at email@example.com. One (or more) job interviews, a medical exam, an assessment test and a certificate of good conduct are in accordance with our rules of application and a standard part of our recruitment and selection procedure.
Candidates with a demonstrated strong affinity for Aruba and the Caribbean and for challenges in small island states are strongly encouraged to apply.
Over The University of Aruba
The University of Aruba (UA) is a modern University offering higher education, research, and social services to Aruba and the surrounding regions. Embedded in the Aruban society, the UA is a model in cultural diversity that represents the make-up of the Aruban culture itself, with students from the Caribbean, European, Latin, Asian, and American family backgrounds. The current four Faculties and the various University Centers strive to contribute to academic discussion, participate in the sustainable development of Aruba, and promote critical open-minded thinking. Providing these services is a critical part of UA’s mission to give back to the Aruban community.