Department of Economy, Transport & Telecommunication Ministry of TEATT (ETT)
Who are we?
St. Maarten is a young and dynamic country! We are engaged in continuous professional development towards a more customer-oriented, transparent and effective organization.
The Ministry of Tourism, Economic Affairs, Traffic and Telecommunication stimulates and facilitates the sustainable economic growth and development of St. Maarten. By our professional, customer orientated and result motivated approach, we strive to create a balanced environment where business, consumer and government are mutually beneficial for the people of St. Maarten.
The Department of Economy, Transport & Telecommunication (ETT) is urgently looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic and passionate Lawyer to serve in the function of Legal Advisor.
- Legal advisory support to the Ministry, in particular as it pertains to licensing and enforcement;
- Review and coordinating responses of Ombudsman complaints and assistance with implementation of recommendations;
- Liaise with the department of Legal Affairs and the retained law firm on Court proceedings;
- Lead the appeals procedure within the Ministry;
- Development, revision and review of Ministerial Regulations, National Decrees, National Ordinances, MVT’s and other relevant/ supporting documents;
- In case of the development or revision of National Ordinances, decrees etc., manage the process from conception to ratification;
- Provide assistance or advice on other projects with legal implications.
- Master’s degree in Law;
- Proficiency in Administrative (and Constitutional) law;
- Legislative experience;
- Dutch nationality or permanent residency;
- Able to function on an academic level;
- Outgoing personality. Able to build and maintain a network of industry contacts;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Dutch;
- Analytical, critical thinking and thorough;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- Able to work independently and in a group setting;
- Excellent project management skills;
- Proficient in the development of policy notes, frameworks, policies, advices and project plans;
- Must be passionate about building our country into one that is economically sustainable and resilient.
Remuneration: The gross salary for this position is dependent on the selected candidate’s level of knowledge and experience, but can range between NAf. 4,365.00 and NAf 8,662.00 per month for a 40 hour work week.
Where to apply?
Are you the right candidate for this function? Then please send your application letter and Resume to:
Ministry of Tourism, Economic Affairs, Traffic & Telecommunication (TEATT) Soualiga Road 1, Pond Island Philipsburg, St. Maarten
ATTN: Valya Pantophlet at Valya.email@example.com
CC: Shamika de Weever at Shamika.firstname.lastname@example.org and
Deadline to submit application is Monday July 27th 2020.