The CFO/CIO will, together with the Board, further professionalize and expand the organization, to remain one of the most popular supermarkets/wholesale clubs in Curaçao.
On behalf of one of our clients, BDO is looking for an experienced
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER/CHIEF INFORMATION OFFICER (CFO/CIO)
fulltime, attractive salary and benefits
The CFO/CIO is accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of the company and monitoring of control/information systems designed to provide complete, reliable and real time set of management accounts for accurate decision making by the Board. He/she oversees all financial aspects of the strategy of the company and is responsible for the flow of financial information to the Board, and, where necessary, external parties such as investors, financial institutions and the external auditor.
The CFI/CIO is also responsible for ICT and to lead digital transformation processes, to professionalize the finance department and its processes and to create business value. Defining, creating and implementing a Management Information System, providing full financial visibility of the business and resulting accurate periodical dashboards and financial analysis and reports
(varying from real-time to daily, weekly, monthly and yearly) are also a key areas of responsibility that allows for faster and better business decision making.
The CFO/CIO will report directly to the Board. He/ she will advise the Board on the implementation of procedures and/or the optimization of (core) business processes. Employees working in the accounting/finance department will report directly to the CFO/CIO.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Finance, Business Administration/Economics, Accountancy or equivalent;
- Experience in managing a finance/accounting department of at least 10 years in a retail/business to consumer environment;
- Experience in reporting, budgeting, and forecasting;
- Support the board in shaping the strategic vision for company, providing input on economic trends, competitive benchmarks and business insights to enable sustainable growth;
- Affinity with IT;
- Commercially driven with a hand-on mentality; Cooperative attitude and able to work in a team and independently;
- Dynamic and pro-active;
- People manager (being able to bring the department/ organization to a next level);
- Communication skills (verbal and written) in the Papiamento, English, Dutch language. Spanish is a plus.
If you meet the requirements and are interested in the vacancy we invite you to apply via email (resume and short motivation) to: BDO B.V. – Email: [email protected] – Reference: application CFO/CIO Goisco
Additional queries (if any) should be forwarded to the aforementioned email address. The deadline for submitting your resume and motivation is January 31, 2023. An assessment will be part of the selection procedure.
In 1997 the Da Silva De Goes family established Goisco Wholesale Club (hererinafter Goisco) in Willemstad, Curaçao. Goisco is a successful retail business where consumers may buy in large, wholesale quantities at lower prices. The loyalty program with the Goisco Membership Card offers members of Goisco even lower prices and other deals. Started as a convenience store and subsequently a small minimarket, during the years Goisco developed itself as one of the most innovative retail businesses in Curaçao with a mega store selling both food and non-food items, a so called club store concept. Goisco also sells its' own private label.